WITH EMILY WOODS
Vacation or staycation, Nashville has got you covered! Spring break kicks off in a few short weeks, and I want to make sure you know about all these amazing options for a good time here in Nashville. Also, welcome everyone who has decided to make Tennessee your home! I hope you’ve been greeted with southern hospitality. Here are seven of my favorite Franklin, Nashville and surrounding area ideas to have fun with your family over the break!
Pins Mechanical Co., @pinsmechco
The Nashville Zoo, @nashvillezoo
My family has always loved the zoo. We have been members for 10 years, and it gets better every time we go. Kangaroos, bears, the cutest guinea pigs, flamingos, giraffes and more — it’s just amazing seeing all the different kinds of animals and exhibits.
Pancake Pantry, @pancakepantrynashville
This one speaks for itself! Pancake Pantry is a Nashville staple and is known for its pancakes. This area is awesome in Hillsboro Village and isn’t too far from Franklin. I love all the cute shops and walkability of this area.
Visit 12th South, @draperjames, @urban_grub and @sevierparkcommunitycenter
Draper James is just one of the many great stores on 12 South. You will also find great restaurants, such as Urban Grub. From the unique biscuits to the oysters— it’s all delicious. Inside and outside seating options are available with a dreamy patio and fireplaces. Additionally, don’t miss Sevier Park if you are over this way!
Cheekwood Botanical Garden, @cheekwood
Cheekwood in Bloom is going on March 12th through April 10th. The flowers here will amaze you! Cheekwood has so much to offer, such as art, history and botanicals. Be sure to plan to spend a couple of hours here to take it all in.
Nashville Adventure Park, @nashvilleadventurepark
A new find, The Nashville Adventure Park is a must! We always have an absolute blast climbing and zip-lining. Even on a hot summer day, you’re surrounded by beautiful trees and amazing shade.
Adventure Science Center, @adventuresci
A 44,000 square ft building with more than 175 hands-on exhibits an amazing planetarium. The science center offers engaging learning experiences and fun through hands-on activities, interactive exhibits, innovative programs and full-dome productions in the amazing Sudekum Planetarium.
Here is an additional list of ideas for things to do during a staycation!
- The Factory at Franklin- There is plenty of cute shops, ice cream, restaurants and every Saturday, the farmers market is open. Third Coast Clay is also an excellent option for a DIY outing.
- Carnton Plantation- You can find all kinds of history here. People also bike or walk around and enjoy the beautiful grounds.
- Kilwins or Jeni’s Ice Cream- Visit for a delicious treat!
- Kings Dining & Entertainment- For a fun time bowling and dining, King’s next to the Cool Springs Galleria is the place to go!
- Brentwood Skate Center- Tie up your laces and enjoy the roller rink. Thursdays are retro skate nights!
- Urban Air- A great way to fit in some fitness at the ultimate indoor trampoline park.
- Soundwaves at The Opryland Hotel- Helpful tip, Tennessee residents get a discount!
- Radnor Lake- Bike and take in nature at this beautiful state park close to Brentwood.
- Visit waterfalls - A few of our favorites
- Natchez Trace- Drive down the scenic parkway and stop at the pull-offs along the way.
- Wall Mural Scavenger Hunt- Search for photo-worthy murals in Downtown Franklin, Nashville, Columbia and Murfreesboro
Emilyunscripted was created to be a space to encourage women to believe in themselves. What you see is what you get, unscripted and real. Emily Woods shares adventures of everyday life. Emily is a single mom of two girls, and they have a lot of fun around Franklin and Nashville Tennessee, Emily and her family also travel a lot.
Local | Travel | Lifestyle | Fashion | Recipes