New this Year
- Beer and wine will be available for purchase in the Infield at five “Taverns on the Turf.” Patrons on the Hillside will have access to two full service bars. Patrons can still bring their own food and beverage.
- 24/7 will be hosting a contest – Learn more at tnsteeplechase.action247.com
- The heat is on! Many men will likely leave the jacket and tie at home. Think cool and look for more of a casual look with seersucker shorts and sporty attire. Hats and sunscreen are encouraged.
- While water is available for purchase, guests are encouraged to bring plenty of water in plastic bottles to stay cool.
- The Iroquois Shoppes are available on the Hillside and in the tailgating areas selling hats, jewelry, artwork and more.
- We are at full capacity so guests can roam the grounds and enjoy live music, shops, bars and hospitality tents.
- For the box seat hospitality tents, food and beverage will be served all day with servers in masks and wearing gloves for the safety of the patrons.
- Sanitizing stations are available throughout the grounds.
What to Bring
What to Leave at Home
Tents that Obstruct Sight-lines
Amplified Bands or DJs
Advertising, Banners or Signs
Pets (Service Animal Exception)
Buses, Limos or Large Wheeled Vehicles
Inflatable Walls, Slides or Courses
Fireworks, Pyrotechnics or Firearms
Areas for Everyone
- Steeplechase Central - Located inside the track with food trucks, roaming photo booth and games.
- Family Area - Bring the family along and start a new tradition. All children 12 and under can experience Iroquois Steeplechase free! The Family Area is located in close proximity to the track for easy viewing and provides a fun and flexible area featuring children’s activities. The Family Area will offer FREE games and activities for kids 12 and under who are accompanied by a parent.
Timeline of Events
8:00 AM: RV Tailgating opens
8:30 AM: Inside the track tailgating opens (Topside, Centerfield, Midfield).
9:00 AM: Stirrup Club tailgating and Family Area tailgating opens.
10:00 AM: 4th Annual Tailgating Contest! Judges from Your Williamson will visit your tailgate spot during the day to “score” your tailgate entry. Also, post your tailgate photos to Facebook and Instagram with #TailgateContest and let people vote all day for their favorite entries!
10:30 AM: RV and ‘inside the track’ tailgating vehicles must be in place.
11:00 AM: Stirrup Club and Family Tailgating vehicles must be in place. Turf Club, Hunt Club and Paddock Club tents open.
12:00 PM: Opening Ceremonies
1:00 PM: The first race begins. There are six races with approximately forty minutes between each race.
After the Second Race: Michael Stanley Stick Horse Race. There are many families who have raised their children on the tradition of Steeplechase! A time-honored tradition at the Iroquois Steeplechase is watching the kids compete in the Michael Stanley Stick Horse Race to win a $100 gift card to Phillips Toy Mart. Signup is located at the 99.7 WTN Tent in the Family Area.
3:30 PM: Tailgate Contest Winners Announced! Tailgate winners will be announced during the races! The Grand Prize will include a TOPSIDE TAILGATING SPOT FOR STEEPLECHASE 2022 as well as many other fabulous prizes!
4:50 PM: Parade of Hounds.
Approximately 5:30 PM: The races end with the featured race, the Calvin Houghland Iroquois. Iroquois Society, Paddock Club, Turf Club and Hunt Club tents close 15 minutes after the final race ends.